Hello,

I am trying deletion of an indirect group on ovs2.5 . Now when I try to delete
the group using the group-id and group-type without the buckets the
group-deletion fails with an error OFPGMFC_INVALID_GROUP

The Openflow  1.3.5 spec says that "If a delete request includes some buckets
in the Group-Mod message, then the switch must return an ofp_error_msg with
OFPET_GROUP_MOD_FAILED type and OFPGMFC_INVALID_GROUP code."

I also find that if I delete the group without the group-type it goes
through(have seen the same through cli). Since the Openflow1.3.5 specification
states :
"For delete requests (OFPGC_DELETE), if no group entry with the specified group
identifier currently exists in the group table, no error is recorded, and no
group table modification occurs. Otherwise, the group is removed, and all flow
entries containing this group in a Group action are also removed. The group
type need not be specified for the delete request. Delete also differs from an
add or modify with no buckets specified in that future attempts to add the
group identifier will not result in a group exists error. If one wishes to
effectively delete a group yet leave in flow entries using it, that group can
be cleared by sending a modify with no buckets specified."

Sending the group-type should not result in the group-deletion failing as that
is not mandatory by the spec.

Is this a bug in ovs2.5 ?

Thanks
Shuva