On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 9:20 AM, Kenneth Østrup <kenne...@easyspeedy.com>
wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> For the past months I've been testing and reading about OVN as a cloud
> agnostic networking platform for a project I am working on. OVN is exactly
> what I've been looking for and I'm really impressed with all the work that
> has been done while still keeping simplicity in the core of the design.
>
> In the OVN talk at OpenStack Summit in Austin, it was mentioned that there
> was an OVN gateway running on a bare-metal switch. I'd really like to know
> more about this, how it is implemented and if there is a current working
> prototype?

This is related to the use of ovn-controller-vtep and TOR switches that
support the hardware_vtep OVSDB schema.  It provides an L2 gateway into a
physical network.  "Life cycle of a VTEP gateway" in the ovn-architecture
man page may be of interest to you.

There is also the capability to have software L2 or L3 gateways on a server
running ovn-controller.

--
Russell Bryant