On 02/06/2006 04:05 PM, Alan Blackwell wrote:
Lindsay is right - "pencil anxiety" is a big problem for computer
scientists when you ask them to pick one up in a public place.
I've encountered this even with groups of senior HCI researchers,
who are completely unable to sketch a proposal for a user
interface when given a pencil and paper.

How about a whiteboard?  Does that hold the same horror for them?

I readily confess to not understanding why people won't sketch
out ideas, but then I'm the person who would have been voted
"Most likely to be writing stuff on the whiteboard" had they
been invented when I left school, and had I attended a school
that had a class yearbook with such mottoes in it.

But I wonder whether we might better serve the needs of
programmers with a book like "UML on the right side of the brain".

There's a right side of the brain for UML?
--
Frank Wales [EMAIL PROTECTED]