An fair bit of this went on in the early 1980's. A good collection of papers from the period is...

Soloway, E. and Spohrer, J. C. Hillsdale, New Jersey, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates

Michael de Raadt

S. Lin wrote:
Hello!

I am new to this group, and I need some help from folks here.

I am trying to conduct a literature review of programmer cognition. However,
it seems hard to find many relevant literatures, e.g.(I got some of them
from previous post in this group, thanks!):

1. Psychology of Programming, by Hoc, Green, Samurcay (Author), Gilmore
(Editor)
2.The Psychology of Computer Programming - Weinberg

3. Wicked Problems, Righteous Solutions, a Catalogue of Modern Software
Engineering Paradigms - DeGrace & Stahl

4. Cognition and Computer Programming - Wender et al

Except the above books, I am having trouble finding research papers in this
area. Could anyone recommend some possible papers/authors for me?

Also, can anyone also recommend any research method papers/books of how to
study programmers' cognition?

I am glad that I found this discussion group recently, and I know a lot of
experts in this group. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

S. Lin

This email (including any attached files) is confidential and is for the
intended recipient(s) only.  If you received this email by mistake,
please, as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.

The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily
reflect those of the University of Southern Queensland.  Although all
reasonable precautions were taken to ensure that this email contained no
viruses at the time it was sent we accept no liability for any losses
arising from its receipt.

The University of Southern Queensland is a registered provider of
education with the Australian Government (CRICOS Institution Code No's.
QLD 00244B / NSW 02225M)