From: Clendon Gibson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 10:10 PM
To: Boris Ouretskey
Subject: Re: PPIG discuss: Documentation for large systems

Wikipedia and indeed other wikis are successful and useful, but the most
successful ones are voluntary. Wikipedia is no exception to this. People are
creating Wikipedia articles for there amusement or entertainment.

In a development environment the motivation is different. It is very likely
that the Wiki will be neglected because the knowledgeable have 'real' work
to do.

This reminds me of the discussion we had several months ago about using
different development methods for open source projects vs. commercial
projects.

The use of a wiki as a documentation solution has to fit the culture of the
users or developers.