Bruno,

Thank you for your response.

Currently I have two purchased systems communicating with each other through
custom software using a servlet and xml response.  What I will like to do is
to turn this into web service client and service architecture.  I did not
write the software for the receiving system, but do use provided APIs to
validate the user.  In order to use the APIs I need the original
HttpServletRequest.

I am not sure how restlets can be useful if it cannot integrate with legacy
or existing systems.

Jennifer