Hello,

there is only one instance of an Application (this principle also applies to instances of Restlet sub classes) whereas instances of the Resource class are generated at runtime. One instance of Resource is in charge to handle one pair of Request/Response. Generally, the constructor of a Resource is the place where you retrieve the underlying business objects. This helps to know if your Resource is available or not, what is it's current state, etc. Then the acceptRepresentation, removeRepresentations, etc methods are the places to implement business logic.

Best regards,
Thierry Boileau
--
Restlet ~ Core developer ~ http://www.restlet.org <http://www.restlet.org/>