To add to Rob's hunch --

My guess is that you are using a relative URL to access the CSS, and that you don't have a trailing slash after your base URL. For example, your base URL might be:

http://localhost:8080/myapplication/main

While your CSS link would be:

<link href="my.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

So the browser would be looking for:

http://localhost:8080/myapplication/mainmy.css

You need to use a trailing slash on the base URL!

This is something that can happen in Restlet but not in most Apache configurations, because Restlet is forgiving about the trailing slash.

-Tal