Hi Jerome,

Thanks for your response.

> Could you explain why you want to restrict the accepted media types in this
> case (Restlet annotated interfaces)?

Mainly just because we would prefer XML over the wire instead of serialized
java objects. It seems like the headaches of maintaining serial version
compatibility would be undesirable. Also, initially all of our clients (one
using Restlet framework and others using other technologies) will all be using
XML and we've written our own custom converters so that we have complete
control over the XML format.

> Another workaround is to add an annotation value such as @Get("xml") to
> enforce XML usage. Otherwise, we plan to add a per-application control of the
> converter used/excepted and their relative order in next Restlet version.
> Right now this setting is global to the Restlet engine.

I'd hate to start adding media type values in the annotations on my interface
as there is a possibility that a client might come along that would prefer JSON
or some other format. What version will include the per-application control?

Thanks,

Norm

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2885200