Hello Danilo,

I work on a similar kind of project and we decided to split the source code
into three eclipse projects : client, common, server.
"Common" mainly contains the Java beans and is not based on Restlet.
"Client" is the GWT project and depends on "Common".
"Server" depends on "Common" also.

A build script (ant+jenkins) allows us to generate a "common.jar" archive
that can be shared and used, for example, by the Web application (packaged
as a war file, since the customer uses Weblogic).
As a side note, the build script generates also the static GWT files,
distinct jars for the server code (one for the dao, one for the server code
except the dao). As the server is based on annotated interfaces, we could
imagine to export these annotated interfaces in a separate jar in order to
help client projects based on Restlet to wrap the interfaces and
automatically cope with serialization/deserialization.

One can also add Maven repository in order to store the distinct releases
of the generated archives.

Regarding the third party client, you're right. Either your code reuse
annotated interfaces, or not. In the first case, keep attention to the
version of the beans on both sides (server and client) otherwise the
automatic serialization may fail.
In the second case, I think I will use one of the textual formats you
mention.

I hope this will help you.

Best regards,
Thierry Boileau