>Speaking for myself, I don't think non-members should be left with junk. I
want everyone to be able enjoy the space. It is for this reason that with
the >recent growth of Synhak, and a steady stream of donations have been
coming in. It would not be excellent for one person to claim something that
could >be $300 in value especially when we're clamoring for funds for a
bigger space. A simple procedure that places the needs of the space as a
community >over an individual, to quote Ambassador Spock, "The needs of the
many, outweigh the needs of the few."

My thoughts:
Well this all depends on "Time and Money". Yes you might find a laptop
worth $300 in the donated stuff, but do you really want to spend the next
month digging through junk to find it? or do you want to work on your next
project? Even the ones that are not worth $$$ You still need to buy a
charger and hard drive, that's $40 to $60 just to get one up and running
plus $$ for your time spent working on it.

My concern is that I don't want SYNHAK to become a recycling center and or
computer repair shop. I am in good favor of dating all of the donated stuff
so that it does not sit around forever and choke up our working space. We
should defiantly give everyone a fare chance to claim stuff from the
donations.

I'll try to be at the meeting to join in the discussion there.

>Bethany, when I worked at the Salvation Army thrift store, we had a
different color for each week of the month, everything that was sorted and
placed in >week one got a pink tag, week two was blue, three was green, and
four was white. If white tags were coming out on the floor, that meant blue
tags were >the oldest (and therefore 50% off). The end of the week saw the
sale tag down to 1 dollar whatever it was... BUT... high value items like
designer ?>handbags (Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc.) or a solid oak bedroom set
were exempt from these sales. I feel a similar tagging system can work for
everyone.

I'm sorry, but I hate that method. The thrift store is for people that
cannot afford nice things so they buy second hand. What ticks me off is
that if I buy some nice things and then give them to the thrift store, I
expect to see them on the shelf for $1 to $5 just like everything else. Not
on the online store going for list price. (I donated them so that some poor
kid could enjoy them, not for a retailer to profit)