It's Akron folks not south central LA. While being aware of your
surroundings is sound advice regardless of geographic location the best way
to win a fight is not to get in one. If it's late at night and you're alone
at the space by all means leave the door locked. All the parking is
relatively close and pretty well lit. If you encounter someone and feel
uncomfortable just be polite and keep moving. Akron isn't a very violent
city.

in excellence,
Andrew L