I am with Torrie on just leaving the exterior foods on for the moment, we
can add a photocell later, were talking about spare change a day, and I'm
happy to donate it if it comes up.  Our electric bill can survive on what
falls out of the mouth of the gas bill for the next month.

We have a doorbell, I have a 24v transformer and chime that will arrive
shortly (has anyone found (somewhere inside) the wires that connect to the
doorbell switch yet?)

Peephhole?  We happen to have a B.A.C. (Large Camera) ready to go, and I'll
be happy to help get it up and running in an accessible way the moment
there is no paperclip left at 21, but for the moment I feel there is more
left at 21 than most people think, besides 1000 pounds of machinery,
details wound into the walls and nailed to the ceiling, in a week
everything we leave is gone.