Last night's meeting seemed to go alright, though less good than last week's:

* It devolved into a series of back and forth Q&A sessions between two people
waaaay too often
* Nobody had anything they wanted to bring up after we talked about the wall

I'd like to discuss two improvements to the meeting.

First, a stack-watcher.

The role of the stack watcher would be to catch who raises their hand first
and ensure that everyone gets a chance to speak in the order that they want
during discussion. When listening to discussion, I'm trying to keep an eye on
the notes on the screen, watching for raised hands, making sure that nobody
talks for too long, and trying to remember the stack of topics that we're
discussing (i.e., start on the wall, move down into ventilation, move down
into moving the furnace, move back up to ventilation, back up to the wall,
down to ceiling height, etc).

It'd be super cool if someone could play stack watcher next week. Just keep a
list of who is speaking when on a whiteboard.

Second, a programmed agenda.

Philip and I were talking about this, regarding the fact that membership dues
and senior rates haven't been brought up yet. This also ties in with the
recent discussion about a proposal that had been brought up before and was
still open for discussion, but nobody brought it to the meeting.

I'd like to request that everyone adds topics that they want to see discussed
or consensed upon to the next meeting's agenda before Saturday night. That
provides a few immediate benefits:

* Everyone knows what we'll be talking about in advance
* Nobody has to go check the proposals page to figure out what needs to be
talked about
* The meeting can progress along a lot smoother
* We don't end up like last night where we talk briefly about the few issues
that anyone remembers to bring up while other issues aren't considered
* If what you want to talk about isn't on the agenda, you can be free to not
show up if you don't want to, safe in the knowledge that you won't get screwed
over because your voice wasn't heard
* Proxies can be stated more concretely than "Hey, if we talk about this,
here's my opinion"

To avoid any kind of competition, I'd like to have the list of topics
projected on the screen (since it'd already be in the meeting minute template
that gets edited), and we collectively decide on what we want to discuss.

Also related to the crosspost from noisebridge-discuss@, I am looking into
building various decision making plugins for Spiff which we can then use to
completely remove all this proposal discussion from the meeting and put
everyone on a solid footing instead of giving such a *huge* advantage to those
who have the free time to show up on a Tuesday at 7PM.

Thoughts, please!