wow, what a can of worms!  Personally, i'd worry about learning CF
first, add frameworks in later.  Frameworks are a sort of guide to
building a application that a group of folks have a consensus on.
Thus developers working on a project that use say ModelGlue can easily
use the same vocabulary and if you add a new developer in the mix that
knows ModelGlue, then they will already know the vocabulary and
seeminlgy join in quicker and easier to the current conversations.

DK