The CBS report did mention Montgomery county, but it did not mention highway 355.  355 is the main highway that connects eastern Maryland to D.C.  355 is also the road that is by the conference hotel.  A lot of areas mentioned in the report are southeast of the conference.  Metro lines were delayed and not shut down.  This is promising as this will be the primary commute for a lot of the hotels that people are staying at.  Metro lines are raised above the ground from Shady Grove to Grosvenor.  The White Flint and Bethesda Metro lines are under ground.  The Metro rail system is very dependable and will recouperate very quickly.

D.C. is my home town.

The Washington Metropolitan Area Transportation Authority (WMATA) has been fully restored:
http://www.wmata.com
http://www.wmata.com/about/met_news/story.cfm?ID=754

Teddy

Anyone looked at the weather lately for DC?  I really hope we don't have to swim from the airport to the hotel...

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClick.php?CityName=Washington&state=DC&site=LWX
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/26/national/main1750635.shtml

mcg

Howard Fore <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

06/26/2006 12:45 PM

Please respond to
discussion@acfug.org

discussion@acfug.org
cc

Subject
Re: [ACFUG Discuss] Re: Who's going to CFUnited?