Well, again, I want to make the assertion that HomeSite+ is also "free"--if you already have a license for DWMX or Studio MX, of course. I know that may smack some as either disingenuous or a technicality, but I do mean it seriously. I know a lot of folks who don't like DWMX much and still haven't gotten into Eclipse, and are still using CF Studio even though their shop has licenses for DWMX and perhaps even if it's installed on their machine and they never use it. I'm just saying: go get that DWMX or Studio MX CD and you can freely installed HS+. You just need the license key for your DWMX or Studio MX install.

But I'm really not arguing against Allen or others who love Eclipse. It clearly has some great advantages--and strong adherents. :-) Just know what all your options are and choose what's best for you. That was the point of Gordon's question, really.

/charlie

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 9:58 AM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] Editor Options for CF7 (Macromedia Studio 8? Homesite? Some other editor?)

I know how Charlie feels...but, here's a strong motivational point for those of you out there trying to decide....ECLIPSE IS FREE!  =)  It took me a little while to get used to it, but I love Eclipse now.  The biggest downfall I've seen is the absence of FTP.  But, other than that, it is a beautiful editor.

And, again....IT'S FREE!!!

Allen