John, I'm curious about this. To clarify, you're saying you got this code
from David Fekke's blog, right? Have you yet tried running it from your own
machine?

I would suspect it would not work. Browser security limitations enforce that
you can only request data via Spry (or any Ajax solution) from a file on the
same server from which the spry page was served. That said, if one was
serving a Spry page from a CF page that was then calling back to a CFC on
the same site, you wouldn't need to bother to call it as a web service. You
can just call it directly.

And if you're hope was for making calls against other web services, the
solution would instead be to call back to a CFC on your own site, and let
THAT do the web service invocation and return the results to your Spry
client.

Ray Camden showed something akin to this in two log entries:

http://ray.camdenfamily.com/index.cfm/2006/7/28/Building-an-AJAX-Based-RSS-P
od
http://ray.camdenfamily.com/index.cfm/2006/8/4/My-XMLProxycfm

No, he's not invoking a web service in his proxy, but he just as well could.

If there's something about your attempt that I've misunderstood, please do
let me know.

/charlie
http://www.carehart.org/blog/