I'm probably missing something. Here is my situation:
CFMX7. I'm using OnSessionEnd in Application.cfc to store a user's shopping
cart in a database. Works fine. Currently, after the session times out, only
the shopping cart page is able to instantiate a shopping cart in the user's
session scope and load the old cart. I would like to change this so that any
page has the ability to retrieve the shopping cart, but I'm struggeling with
performance considerations; I don't want to do a database lookup on every page
request. (I want every page to be able to retrieve a user's cart because I
built a shopping cart indicator which is displayed on every page).
I have noticed that you cannot set a client variable in the OnSessionEnd event
(the event fails silently after the client.myvar=  line if you do so), this
would have been perfect because a simple check for a client var and then to a
db lookup or not would have been easy. Obviously you cannot set a cookie var
either. Should I not worry about an additional db lookup for every page
request, or is there a better way to do this?
Many thanks!
Mischa.