Gotcha, thanks

On 10/2/06, Teddy Payne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Not the CFC reading the client scope Steve, but more of serializing the CFC
into the client scope.

The facade that I was referring to was a scope facade for the session
scope.  I recently came across a facade pattern from Dave Ross that to me
shows serious promise for persistence if you want to create less dependency
on the session scope.

http://www.d-ross.org/index.cfm?objectid=0DF6FA41-EB39-B6C1-5D5D31A245991A2F

The article is about Mach-II, but it can seperated and used elsewhere.  It
is the second article in the three article series.

Teddy

On 10/2/06, Steven Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah same here and where is the info that says a CFC can't access the
> client scope?
>
> On 10/2/06, Teddy Payne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am curious as well.  The example of not storing being being able to
> > effectively store a value or service object is a limitation to be sure,
but
> > even then that can be worked around with a facade.
> >
> > Teddy
> >

> >  On 10/2/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >

> > > Just out of curiosity, why would you say "Don't use the Client
scope!"?

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Allen

Allen
> > > Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2006 12:30 AM
> > > To: discussion@acfug.org
> > > Subject: Re: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] Client? Session?
> > >
> > > Don't use the Client scope! There are only a few reasons to use Client
> > scope and I would still think long and hard about it after having
maintained
> > an application that was almost purely Client scope for user state.  I
think
> > you should avoid the client scope unless you have a real and hard
> > requirement that you absolutely can't lose session data in the event of
> > server failure. I admit, it is kind of nice to still have all of your
user
> > sessions when you restart CF and that benefited our applications in some
> > cases. However, I still don't think the benefits for Client scope are
not
> > worth it. Sticky sessions are OK in a load balanced situation. You may
get
> > some uneven clumping of clients in some cases, but in reality it turns
out
> > not to be a big deal. Playing with WDDX and the overheads involved in
that
> > and the pain of keeping track of the serialization state of your data
just
> > isn't worth it.
> > >
> > > You can't even serialize a CFC with WDDX, but they will happily live
in
> > the session scope. If you do use client scope make sure you abstract it
with
> > a good layer around it so that what scope you use is transparent to your
> > application so that you can change it in the future without your
application
> > noticing. Look to the Facade design pattern for that.
> > >
> > > Jeremy

> > stored into the client scope.

> > coldfusion.runtime.MemorySessionScope'><var

> > variables but you'll have to wddx them into a string and then store them
> > into the client variable.  Also, if you do this and you have your client
> > variables stored in the database, you'll want to make sure your
datasource
> > is enabled to retrieve BLOB's without the 64k limit.

> > standalone), you can share the sessions between servers (if I remember
> > right).  J2EE has clustering built in and I believe it supports the
> > equivalent of a session state server.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <

> > the
> > backup