From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mischa
Uppelschoten ext 10
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 1:04 PM
To: Web Site
Subject: re: [ACFUG Discuss] New user & question

Hi Max, welcome to the group!

I did something like that many moons ago. It used SQL Server 2000 Desktop
Edition on the client, which used SQL native replication to a server. Lots
of headaches IIRC especially for schema changes. If you want to go this
route, start small, maybe two or three clients and use it for a while. Also,
I would suggest to use a database's native replication techniques and not
reinvent the wheel.
Hope that helps.
/m

> All,

Just joined the user group today. I have been a CF developer since 2000.

I need to find out if anyone had built or knows how to build an
online/offline application. Something like a thin client that the user
installs. When working offline the data is saved locally and then synced
when the user is online again.

Thanks! -Max

List hosted by FusionLink

Mischa Uppelschoten