From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dave Bellevue
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 2:33 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] Client side

We did the whole self-service app push thing with .net with great success.
All we need to do is gather info from the machine, not alter it - Marimba
will do that. I'm just looking for an alternate method. As an example, we
checked for a running process to insure that the user had CCM/LiveState
installed and running on their machine. If they didn't, they were directed
on how to get it.

I'm in agreement that patches shouldn't be self-service for a whole host of
reasons and we do have other solutions for that... But management has other
ideas.

Dave