I stayed at the Woodfin Suites in Rockville:

http://www.woodfinsuitehotels.com/rockville/

The accommodations are not plush or ornate, but their convenience was nice.  They are business suites.  I stayed in a king size bed that had a sofa, love seat, kitchenette, refrigerator and cheap wifi.  They have a shuttle to the Metro and are three stops from the Bethesda Metro location where the conference was at.  They offered grocery shopping while you were away.  Their breakfast was not spectacular, but the food was warm and edible.

I would recommend a rental car as the hotel is about a mile from Rockville Pike aka 355.

Teddy