Robert's referring to Dreamweaver, for those who can't tell.

Robert, whether you need to setup the "remote server" of the site or just
the "testing server" depends on whether you are connecting to your local
version of CF on the same machine that's running DWMX. I run that way, and I
have "none" for "remote server". In testing server, the "server model"
should be CF, and the "access" is "local/network", and the testing folder
should be set for where your web server root is. Finally, the URL prefix
should have whatever would precede the part that says /cfide/adminisrator.
For me, that's http://localhost. For you, that may need a port. Check out
the DW help for "Setting the Testing Server category options".

But if your'e saying your CF server is remote from your laptop, then perhaps
you do need your "Remote server" tab filled in. I've not used that for a
long while. See the DW help for "Setting the Configure Server dialog box
options for RDS".

I will point out as well that you don't NEED to use a site to use RDS. See
the DW help for "Setting up Dreamweaver to work without defining a site".

/Charlie
http://www.carehart.org/blog/

  _____