Dusty, is it consistent as to when the server cuts off the download?
If you can replicate it and find out if that part is around the same
time you may be able to track down some sort of timeout or keep alive
setting that is getting cut off from the webserver side. Doesn't
really make sense though.

How about when you serve a large file w/o using CF?

I would start at the most simple scenario:

1. download a static file via the webserver
2. have coldfusion serve that static file (outside of your app)
3. have coldfusion serve that statc file inside your app

That should at least lead you in the right direction (either its
related to your app or not)

-Steven