The graph files exists for a short period of time and then they are
deleted by the CF server. If you are caching the page, you will see the
behavior you describe - since the html cache still holds the reference to
a file that no longer exist. I think there is an administrator setting to
change how long the graph file lives. One thing that I have done is make a
copy of the graphing file somewhere that I control. I then change the
cached html to reference that file instead.

Sincerely,

Brooks Wilson
There is no education like adversity. - Benjamin Disraeli

Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta · 1000 Peachtree Street, N.E. · Atlanta
Georgia 30309-4470
404.498.8178 · fax 404.498.8239 · [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Scott Councill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
08/13/2007 05:24 PM
Please respond to
discussion@acfug.org

<discussion@acfug.org>
cc

Subject
[ACFUG Discuss] CFChart doesn't display Flash movie or PNG

I get a ?File Not Found? in the HTTP Header.  A couple things I am try to
understand.  I have a multi-homed IIS setup and 1 instance of CFMX7
running.  When the CFChart is included in a file, it actually calls a file
/CFIDE/GraphData.cfm?graphCache=wc50&graphID=Images/100058.SWF but there
is no such file as GraphData.cfm in the CFIDE folder, nor is there a file
called 100058.SWF in the /CFIDE/Images/ folder.

I have 2 sites (DEV and STAGING) on the same server mentioned above.  On
DEV, the page works like a champ ? on STAGING, nothing.  Well, on STAGING
the page comes up without any errors displayed and the placeholder for the
SWF file is there, just no chart.  OK, STAGING is under an SSL and DEV is
not.  I have already updated the WebChart3D.xml file to reflect the
HTTPS:// link to the Flash codebase, so that is done.  \CFIDE is set as a
virtual folder under both IIS entries PLUS is a virtual path in CFMX
Admin.

Can someone explain to me first how GraphData.cfm is found on DEV and
where exactly the SWF files are stored.

Scott Councill
Software Engineer
Direct: 404.601.4390
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Spunlogic
Expect More From the Web
www.spunlogic.com
Looking for insights and tips on all aspects of interactive marketing?
Visit Spunlogic's Blog for a look inside the minds of a leading
interactive agency.