Hi Dusty,

On 10/26/07, Dusty Hale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I could be mistaken but I think the Toolkit is just a bundle.

No, you're right. I just hadn't explored enough to know whether the Toolkit
might include other tools as well.

> I had the same problem with the comparison keys at first but  after I set
> up custom comparison keys within the tool it works fine.

I don't know whether the older version I have simply doesn't have custom
comparison keys, or whether I just don't know how/where to use them.
Nevertheless, it sounds like you've gotten past the problem.

It seems superior to using DTS to me. I could be wrong here but setting up a
> DTS packet that compares and updates (rather than drop or delete data and
> replace) seems like a rather tedious task with DTS (maybe I'm missing
> something though?) ...

Well, I'm not any kind of authority on DTS. I generally hated it because it
was so opaque. The Red Gate tools actually generate SQL you can read, if
necessary, edit and run on your own.

Basically, I just think Red Gate's stuff is just good.

Tom

Tom McNeer
MediumCool
http://www.mediumcool.com