That is my thought so far too. I'd be curious to hear from some ACFUGers
that use Vista.

  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dean H. Saxe
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 9:56 AM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] CF and Vista

Don't downgrade to Vista... I'd stick with XP.

-dhs

Dean H. Saxe, CISSP, CEH

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what
they do not want to hear."

    -- George Orwell, 1945

On Dec 28, 2007, at 9:46 AM, Dusty Hale wrote:

Hope everyone had a very merry xmas and wishes for a happy new year.

I am going to buy a new notebook before Dec. 31 or at least try to get the
order in before year end in order to spend the money before the 2007 tax
year ends (for a write off). I was debating with myself as to what OS to get
(XP or Vista). I currently use XP Pro. These are my questions if anyone has
any feedback or wants to discuss:

1. Should I stay with XP Pro instead of moving to Vista?
2. Are there issues with using Adobe products like CF, DW, or other tools
with Vista.
3. If I move to Vista is there a particular version I need to do CF work
(home, pro, etc.)
4. If I stay with XP, do I really need the Pro version to do CF work?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Dusty