I know I'm a little late to the party here and it looks like you've
already chosen XP over Vista...

I had a serious lapse in judgment in 2007 and bought both a new laptop
and desktop with Vista on them.  All I can say - STAY AWAY.  Certain
programs simply don't work on it no matter what you do, all the
functions in my "all in one" printer don't work with it, and I've had
to reinstall the OS on the laptop 3 times - one time due to a problem
that Microsoft support couldn't solve after about 6 hours remotely
connected to my laptop.  Oh - and it's a total memory hog....

The only real question is why I actually reinstalled it 3 times
instead of switching to XP.  I just can't let it win, I have to defeat
it.  Seriously though, DO NOT get Vista.

-Cameron

On Dec 28, 2007 9:46 AM, Dusty Hale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hope everyone had a very merry xmas and wishes for a happy new year.
>
> I am going to buy a new notebook before Dec. 31 or at least try to get the
> order in before year end in order to spend the money before the 2007 tax
> year ends (for a write off). I was debating with myself as to what OS to get
> (XP or Vista). I currently use XP Pro. These are my questions if anyone has
> any feedback or wants to discuss:
>
> 1. Should I stay with XP Pro instead of moving to Vista?
> 2. Are there issues with using Adobe products like CF, DW, or other tools
> with Vista.
> 3. If I move to Vista is there a particular version I need to do CF work
> (home, pro, etc.)
> 4. If I stay with XP, do I really need the Pro version to do CF work?
>
> Any thoughts are appreciated.
>
> Dusty
> List hosted by FusionLink

Cameron Childress