sad but true users will be users despite our best efforts. I was worried
that I missed something and all security evaporated overnight.
Stranger things have happened.

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dean H. Saxe
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 4:27 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] will Ajax go away (was JVM version and
ColdFusion)

Yes.  Man in the middle proxy to decrypt traffic on the fly.  I don't
need to decrypt the traffic, I let SSL do all the work and just pass the
communications through my proxy.  Encrypted tunnels exist between
browser -> proxy and proxy-> server.  You receive a certificate warning,
but most users will accept them not knowing what the warning is or why
it exists.  Google Paros, Fiddler, Burp Proxy, etc.

-dhs

Dean H. Saxe, CISSP, CEH
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"I have always strenuously supported the right of every man to his own
opinion, however different that opinion might be to mine. He who denies
another this right makes a slave of himself to his present opinion,
because he precludes himself the right of changing it."
    -- Thomas Paine, 1783