On 2/21/08, Darin Kohles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> if you absolutely want to give the full URL, then
> use the format 'http://yourdomain.com/' - as the file(s) will have to
> be located relative to your web root.

Yep. This is the method I've followed in the past. I've found that there are
a lot of pitfalls with the cfcontent and cfheader in getting cross-browser
acceptability of various document types using MIME types, particularly when
you get into the issue of wanting the downloaded file to have a specific
file name. Your Mileage May Vary. So the process I've followed is to write
the file to disk in an internet accessible location (ie, somewhere in your
webroot), then send the browser a page that has a javascript function that
sets the location.href to that file.

--
Howard Fore, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The universe tends toward maximum irony. Don't push it." - Jeff Atwood