Well sure, you have to balance those concerns, it depends on the sensitivity
of your output. If  you need to control access to the files, assuming you
had an authenticated user system, you could have an output directory per
user or group and authenticate the user's access to that directory in
application.cfm (off the top of my head). As for deleting the file, use a
scheduled job to clean out files with old dates.