When I went to this site, it seemed to work fine! Even followed a "Details" link, whick also worked.

Come to think of it: you can even go there and see the error for yourself. Go
to www.acrga2.com/Reporters/ReporterLogin.cfm, and enter 'mmm' as user id, and
'1598' as password.

Forrest C. Gilmore
======================
Peyton Todd wrote:
Hello all. I have just attempted to install what I'm calling the beta version
of my new website on my client's server, and when it tries to do an SQL select
on a FoxPro data file, CF reports that the file does not exist, when in fact it
does exist. The full error message can be found below the double lines later in
this e-mail, after I provide a detailed explanation of the context.

A complicating factor down the road, which should not matter yet as far as I
can see, is that the same FoxPro tables will be accessed by an ASP website on
the same server. This ASP site has been running for a couple of years now, and
has been accessing the FoxPro data successfully the whole time. My own website
that I just wrote has no problem accessing clones of the same FoxPro tables,
both on my desktop PC at home, and on my laptop. In the future these two
websites could step on each other's toes, and if that happens I plan to program
FoxPro to write records to separate tables that only my site will access each
time one of the two tables of interest is updated. For now, though, the
presence of the other website SHOULD not be a problem as far as I understand it
because:

I get the same error message even when the other site is stopped, by which I mean that the COM object it utilizes to get the FoxPro data has not been loaded into memory: my testing this morning occurred after a cold boot, with that COM object not loaded at all. Furthermore, I put clones of the two FoxPro tables of interest in a separate directory, right on the C drive where the websites reside, and I pointed my DSN in ODBC to that location, specifying the Visual FoxPro driver (the data are in FoxPro for DOS, but the Visual FoxPro Driver is the one to use - in fact, the only one available). This DSN is distinct from the one used by the ASP site, and I made sure that my cfqueries mention this DSN and not the one used by the other site. I also made this DSN known to the ColdFusion Administrator, clicked the Verify All Connections button, and received an OK in response for all DSNs in the system.
The only other DSN used by my site is one to SQL Server, where in fact most of
the data used by my site reside, including the user login table. My login page,
Login.cfm, comes up fine in the browser. It rejects bad passwords, and accepts
good ones, which it could not do without accessing the SQL Server data
correctly. With a good password, it moves on to the next page where it must
list jobs from FoxPro (this is a court reporting company), and that's where it
bombs.

The only other connection to the ASP site is that both sites will be accessed
by the same root url until such time as the owner of the company  decides to
get a separate domain name for mine, if he does. To be concrete, the ASP site
is in the 'Inetpub\wwwroot\acrc' directory while mine is in
'Inetpub\wwwroot\Reporters'. Both are subdirectories of the Default web site in
IIS, which is Inetpub\wwwroot, accessible by the domain name 'acrga2.com'. (It
is my understanding that things should work even if the ASP dnd CFM pages were
were intermixed in the same directory.)

Come to think of it: you can even go there and see the error for yourself. Go
to www.acrga2.com/Reporters/ReporterLogin.cfm, and enter 'mmm' as user id, and
'1598' as password.

Another point: FoxPro itself is installed on the same directory as the one
accessed via ODBC by the ASP site, but that should not matter. Allegedly, all
you need is the ODBC driver. Come to think of it, FoxPro is also on a different
directory from the FoxPro tables on my PC at home and on my laptop, and as I
said, those are working fine.

Any suggestions?

=================== FULL ERROR MESSAGE BELOW ================

Error Executing Database Query.
[Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro
Driver]File 'joblog.dbf' does not exist.

The error occurred in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Reporters\ListJobs.cfm: line 6

4 : <cfquery name='Jobs' datasource='ACRDB' debug>
5 : select job_no, job_date, job_time, am_pm, caller_
6 : from joblog where reporter_='#Ucase(Session.UserName)#' and Year(bill_date) <
2000 and Year(date_chg) < 2000
7 : </cfquery>
8 :
SQLSTATE 42S02
SQL select job_no, job_date, job_time, am_pm, caller_ from joblog where
reporter_='MMM' and Year(bill_date) < 2000 and Year(date_chg) < 2000
VENDORERRORCODE 173
DATASOURCE ACRDB
Resources:

* Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct
syntax.
* Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12)
Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12
Remote Address 127.0.0.1
Referrer http://localhost/Reporters/reporterlogin.cfm
Date/Time 07-Mar-08 12:23 PM
Stack Trace
at
cfListJobs2ecfm1841761115.runPage(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Reporters\ListJobs.cfm:6)
at
cfListJobs2ecfm1841761115.runPage(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Reporters\ListJobs.cfm:6)

java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC
Socket][Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]File 'joblog.dbf' does not exist.
at macromedia.sequelink.ssp.Diagnostic.toSQLException(Unknown Source)
at macromedia.sequelink.ssp.Chain.cnvDiagnostics(Unknown Source)
at macromedia.sequelink.ssp.Chain.decodeDiagnostic(Unknown Source)
at macromedia.sequelink.ssp.Chain.decodeBody(Unknown Source)
at macromedia.sequelink.ssp.Chain.decode(Unknown Source)
at macromedia.sequelink.ssp.Chain.send(Unknown Source)
at macromedia.sequelink.ctxt.stmt.StatementContext.execDirect(Unknown Source)
at macromedia.jdbc.sequelink.SequeLinkImplStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
at macromedia.jdbc.slbase.BaseStatement.commonExecute(Unknown Source)
at macromedia.jdbc.slbase.BaseStatement.executeInternal(Unknown Source)
at macromedia.jdbc.slbase.BaseStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.JRunStatement.execute(JRunStatement.java:254)
at coldfusion.sql.Executive.executeQuery(Executive.java:1196)
at coldfusion.sql.Executive.executeQuery(Executive.java:1008)
at coldfusion.sql.Executive.executeQuery(Executive.java:939)
at coldfusion.sql.SqlImpl.execute(SqlImpl.java:325)
at coldfusion.tagext.sql.QueryTag.executeQuery(QueryTag.java:831)
at coldfusion.tagext.sql.QueryTag.doEndTag(QueryTag.java:521)
at
cfListJobs2ecfm1841761115.runPage(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Reporters\ListJobs.cfm:6)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:192)
at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:366)
at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)
at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:279)
at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48)
at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)
at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:86)
at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)
at
coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)
at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:175)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)
at
coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)
at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:284)
at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)
at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)
at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)
at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)