Thank you everyone for your response.

Mr. Dean, I was waiting for your response and I was glad to see your input.
;-)

Well, guys, I found one solution to this problem.

What I did is, went to IIS 6, website, properties, Home Directory and under
Resource, I selected A Redirection to a URL and in Redirect to field, I
entered my new url appended with  $S and $Q. For example, www.abc.com$S$Q.

$S as per IIS docs, Passes the matched suffix of the requested URL. The
matched suffix is the portion of the original URL that remains after the
redirected URL is substituted.

$Q Passes both the question mark (?) and the parameters from the original
URL.

so now, www.xyz.com/subapp/home.cfm takes me to
www.abc.com/subapp/home.cfmand lets say if i have
www.xyz.com/subapp/home.cfm?var1=yes then its
www.abc.com/subapp/home.cfm?var1=yes . The caveat here to note is that, if I
did not append $Q, the var1 was not being passed to the new url. So adding
$Q fixed that issue.

Last thing, under *The client will be sent to* option, I selected The exact
URL entered above.

I hope this information is helpful.

So far this is working great. I will post back if I hear of any issues from
the client.

Thanks again,

--
<Ajas Mohammed />