Compiled code is by default written to ColdFusion8\wwwroot\WEB-INF\cfclasses,
and logs are written ColdFusion8\logs so at the very least the coldfusion
account should have write permissions there...

: Why would CF need to modify (or have write privileges at all) on the
: directories containing CFML sites/code?  Shouldn't read-only
: privileges there be sufficient?

: -dhs

: Dean H. Saxe, CISSP,  CEH
: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: "[T]he people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
: This is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being
: attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and
: exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."
:      --Hermann Goering, Hitler's Reich-Marshall at the Nuremberg Trials