On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 9:29 PM, Peyton Todd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Howard, if I were to sent the office manager a link to the PDF instead of
> attaching the PDF to his email, how would I do that? Now that I am writing
> the PDFs to a directory outside the web root, how could a link reach that
> directory? And if I continue to place the PDFs in a subdirectory of the web
> root, how could I secure it?

What I would do is not generate the PDF until requested. That is, email the
user a link to a CFM page that compiles the PDF from db and returns it to
the user. Alternately if there is a business requirement that the PDF
actually exist on disk, put it a place outside the webroot and use the
cfcontent tag to serve it up via the link in the email.

--
Howard Fore, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The universe tends toward maximum irony. Don't push it." - Jeff Atwood