Sure, but let's not dismiss as hopelessly incapable of supporting source
code control. It does. It has built-in support for the SCC API, which is
supported by many source code control apps. I've hooked it up to SVN.
Conversely, Eclipse can certainly be hooked directly to a remote server via
FTP. HomeSite+ could also support projects (don't know about the base
HomeSite).

So again, I'm not so sure that it's primarily changes in development
practices that are driving this. And as I said, I don't that HomeSite (the
core product) was really used much by true developers. Some, sure. I really
think it's simply more that it was written in Delphi that was its ultimate
undoing. Just a guess, of course.

All that said, I don't disagree with you that people should learn to use
source code control systems, for sure, even if doing development by
themselves.  In fact, the very first user group talk I did (in 1998) was on
this topic:

Version Control in ColdFusion: It's Free, and Not Just For Teams Anymore

http://www.carehart.org/presentations/#1

That wasn't using SVN, of course,  since it wasn't yet born. It wasn't even
on VSS, which ruled for many years. Instead, it was using the Versions
product which some will remember was actualy distributed with CF Studio back
in the 3 timeframe (for CF and CF Studio).

/charlie