I, too, have ueed Homesite since it was first introduced, and I continue to use it more than other tools.
I'm just learning Eclipse - can you believe it?

I wonder if it might be possible for someone to purchase the rights and source for Homesite and continue its development? I don't hear much about Delphi, however, so perhaps it isn't feasible to
continue Homesite in its current codebase.

WeBuilder seems to have most of the capabilities of Homesite, including the ability to link to SQL databases,
but it lacks support for CFML and the CFML wizards.

I hate to see it go, but things have changed significantly since Homesite was introduced, and its codebase was apparently never switched to current languages. Hopefully, I will still be able to keep my versions running for
the foreseeable future!

Forrest C. Gilmore
Douglas Knudsen wrote:
lol.

Charlie, I think its also the changing development practices too perhaps. The project minded approach with direct ties to version control in the IDE ad local PC based development is becoming predominant. Many HomseSite+, or some relation, users do not like project based approaches, vehemently dislike even! They love the ease HS has of direct FTP/RDS access to the sever, production server in many cases. In a team of developers this is really bad, eh? Enterprises like version control and no access to production. A few years back I had tough challenge getting a team to stop using RDS and develop on local PCs and using version control. But in the end it payed off with teams being able to work together easily, NO loss of code bases, and much more stable production environments.

That said I'm using DW right now to edit a web site live, ha ha! Its just easy cheesy to do so and not near a enterprise environment. Setting up some beta software now to test FTP use too.

DK
Douglas Knudsen
http://www.cubicleman.com
this is my signature, like it?