On top of what Teddy offered in reply to your question, Tim, I’d point out as
well that despite CF9 having ORM built-in, the other ORM frameworks could
continue to exist for years if only to serve those who don’t move to 9 (there’s
traditionally a long slow march to any new release, taking years before even
most are on it).

That said, of course, I do expect that Transfer will evolve simply because Mark
likes to keep it updated for even those on the latest/greatest CF version. And
as Tom noted, he’s writing actively about the CF9 ORM stuff as well. As for
Reactor (not to be confused with FusionReactor), that’s harder to guess. We
don’t see as much press about it, and it may even seem that Transfer and the
CF9 ORM may be taking wind from its sails, but their build history shows it’s
still actively updated:  http://www.zen49396.zen.co.uk/reactor/?C=M;O=D

Hope that’s helpful.

/charlie