August 2009 ACFUG Meeting
Date Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Dinner & Schmoozing   6:00 PM
Meeting Time   6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Location   EchoEleven [Directions]
Dress   Anywhere from casual to business formal
Price   FREE!

RSVP for this meeting!
Add to Outlook calendar.
Topics

iPhone Apps + Adobe ColdFusion

With its unrivaled flexibility in supporting a vast array of clients,
ColdFusion is the perfect platform for providing data to all your
applications--including those on mobile devices like Apple iPhone. In this
session, Josh will demonstrate that ColdFusion is the ideal server-side data
provider for iPhone applications.

Connecting Flex to ColdFusion

aka 'How do I hook this shiny new Flex app up to Cold Fusion'. Flex offers
three ways to obtain and send data to and from your Cold Fusion server. We will
cover each of these three, comparing and contrasting the differences. Along the
way we will see how to generate simple XML for consumption by your Flex
application, use e4x the Ecma Script for XML standard, map CFCs to ActionScript
objects, and cover some Flex 101 topics.

About The Speakers

Josh Adams

Josh Adams is a ColdFusion Systems Engineer at Adobe. He is a longtime member,
past President, and current Director of the Atlanta ColdFusion User Group. Josh
is a strong advocate of all CFML developer community endeavors and is
particularly passionate about local ColdFusion User Groups. He has presented to
CFUGs and conferences throughout North America. Josh moonlights as a mobile DJ
so if you're looking for entertainment for your next event, give him a call!

Doug Knudsen

Douglas Knudsen is a Web Application Developer and Manager at Alltel
Communication Systems, Inc. a telecommunications company with over 15 million
customers. He has been developing with ColdFusion since version 4 and entered
the Flex developement arena with version 1.5. He is a graduate of the
University of Florida.