Ajas, you mention some loving/some hating XML files. I didn't see any reply
from you on my note offering yet another alternative (sent 10/24), where I
said simply:

"Or one may find it a little easier to use ini files, and CF's functions to
read them (added in CF 6), such as getprofilestring, getprofilesections,
setprofilestring."

I'm not knocking any of the solutions you found, nor do I have any hatred
toward XML myself, but I would again argue that for some uses it would
definitely be "easier" than XML. :-) Not as robust or flexible, no. But if
you just want to read in a few strings that would vary in the implementation
of such an ini file would really suit the purpose well. It's just one of the
many easily missed features that CF offers.

Not trying to stop you following the other approaches. Just want to make
sure folks are aware of the alternative. :-)

/charlie