On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Rudi Shumpert <shump...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I have to have debugging on for all IP's to have this work, how bad is it
> to create a blank rudidebug.cfm page and select that as the debug template
> in the CF Admin.  Is this a major no-no or a major performance hit?

It doesn't matter if you have debugging turned on for one IP or all
IPs.  Debug info is collected for all user, then only show to certian
IP addresses.

Additionally, one of the most heinously poor performing settings in
debugging is report execution times.  If you have any number of
CFC/objects, having that turned on is really can mess up performance
for you because execution times are collected for each and every
object.  In a heavily OOP app you usually have a ***TON*** of CFCs, so
it's really painful to turn it on.

You can measure performance for any *specific* thing you need to by
using getTickCount():

<cfset startTime = getTickCount() />
<!--- something that you want to measure --->
<cfoutput>That took #(getTickCount()-startTime)#ms!</cfoutput>

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress
Sumo Consulting Inc