Thanks, Ajas.

As for your problem, it's not at all uncommon--and in fact it's a
potentially severe problem that I believe has caused some to abandon CF,
thinking that "it can't scale". What's most tragic about this is that it's a
single check-box that can resolve it, but the default in CF is for it to NOT
be checked. Once you understand what it does and how it works, if you can
turn it off (by checking the checkbox), then it can make all the difference
for some CF shops, and yours seems one well-suited to it.

I won't elaborate with a long note -- this time! :-) -- but I can point
those interested in this to either a (lengthy) blog entry I did or the
recording of a CFMeetup presentation I did that addresses the issue:

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2006/10/4/bots_and_spiders_and
_poor_CF_performance

http://experts.na3.acrobat.com/p56344520/

I will add, as well, that this is the very sort of problem that I often help
people with in my consulting (whether finding if this is the explanation for
troubles, or once found helping them remediate the problem.) It's a problem
that's not only more widespread than many may realize, but it's also not
well-documented in bringing together the several points that need to be
understood. Sadly, it's hard to communicate all that needs to be understood
in just a couple of bullets, so one either should read/listen to the
resources above or I can help out with a shared session of 15-30 minutes.
More on that at carehart.org/consulting. (I hope folks will forgive if that
seems a sales pitch. I simply know no other way to communicate the
opportunity.)

/charlie