I came across this post. See if it helps.
http://www.mail-archive.com/houc...@googlegroups.com/msg00486.html

This is discussed in that url I posted.

<cfapplication name="testapps" sessionmanagement="yes">
<cfdump var="#session#" >
<cfdump var="#getHttpRequestdata()#">
<cfdump var="#cookie#">
<cfdump var="#getclientvariableslist()#">
<cfdump var="#server#">

On the server where sessions are not sticking, the HttpRequestData has
zero keys for the cookie;

Hope this helps.

<Ajas Mohammed />
http://ajashadi.blogspot.com
We cannot become what we need to be, remaining what we are.
No matter what, find a way. Because thats what winners do.
You can't improve what you don't measure.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention,
sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents
the wise choice of many alternatives.