I am having a perplexing issue.

Has anyone ever had an instance where it seemed as if a variable just "poofs"
into thin air? For example, when I run the following code:

<cfdump var="#attributes#">
<cfdump var="#pageID#">
<cfdump var="#thisPage#">
<cfset testVar = thisPage.form_id>
<cfoutput>thisPage.form_id = #testVar#</cfoutput>
<cfif attributes.mode is "do">
      <cfset thisForm = application.com.lib.getData("vformfields","form_id =
#testVar#","field_sortorder")>

The variable "testVar" exists up until the setting of "thisForm" which I've
verified with the <cfdumps>. At that point, when #testVar# is called, it is
passing a NULL value to the SQL statement and throwing an error. I've tried
recreating the error with a standard <cfquery> tag just to see if something was
getting jacked up in the function call, but it had the same result. It's as if
the value just ran away and left. I've never seen anything quite like it and
have run out of tails to chase, so to speak.

This is on CF9 Enterprise, for anyone who needs it and any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Troy Jones