From: ad...@acfug.org [mailto:ad...@acfug.org] On Behalf Of Frank Moorman
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:10 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] IIS error log Connection dropped

Ajas,

I had a major performance problem with the processing time of CFDOCUMENT when creating PDFs using images in CF9. Creating a pdf would use all my Java heap memory and crash if I had a lot of images. As few as 25 low-resolution images (1024x768) in a single pdf could potentially bring my server to a screeching halt. It gave me many sleepless nights until I finally found the answer on Rupesh Kumar's blog:
http://www.rupeshk.org/blog/index.php/2007/12/images-and-cfdocument-performance/

All I would say is just be on the lookout for performance issues. (The problem above was due to a bug dealing with images in the underlying Java advanced imaging library.)

--Frank

List hosted by FusionLink