You could just as easily make the argument that HTML5 is ubiquitous, Flash is
not.  It's all a matter of perspective.  We look at this through our
Adobe-centric lens, and we have a preference for Adobe products.  Fine.  I
think that it's pretty obvious that this is not a purely Adobe event, as well,
so that argument doesn't hold water.  A telling sign is that almost half the
sessions were not centered on Adobe technologies.

NC State has their reasons for choosing Silverlight, just as Netflix did.  My
guess is, that it's most likely a DRM issue as they use SIlverlight for all
their Distance Learning platforms, university wide.

My original point, which I think you're missing Darin, is that it's not fair to
complain to Dan and the other organizers of an event where they offered free
recordings (and live streams) of sessions.  Someone offers something for free,
yet we still find ways to gripe about the delivery method.

My overreaction to Frank's overreaction is over a simple lack of gratitude for
free content.  The Conference organizers, and speakers, of which I am one,
didn't have to agree to make the content available.  We did so of our own good
will and desire to give back to the community.