From: w...@dynapp.com
To: discussion@acfug.org
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:06:39 -0600
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] incorporation advice

The Company Corporation is a great source and can do everything for you and
answer all your questions:  http://www.incorporate.com/?11525  From:
ad...@acfug.org [mailto:ad...@acfug.org] On Behalf Of Cameron Childress
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:23 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] incorporation advice You're probably going to want
an LLC or an S-Corp. Google around and you should get some good articles on the
pro/cons or each. Also consider these top of mind questions and notes... - How
are you going to do your accounting? I use Quickbooks Online for this. QBOE
also has a decent time entry tool that will pull over into Quickbooks
invoicesIt's also worth looking at: Freshbooks, Tick, Harvest - Do you need
business insurance and what type? Some corp-to-corp contracts will require
certain types and amounts/levels. - Do you need a standard contract for
customers? Some customers will bring one to you, others will not. - What Taxes
to you need to file and when?Your CPA should be able to help you with this. -
What Tax deductions can you take?Your CPA should help you with this. You can
deduct all sorts of stuff. Also, read this "The unfortunate math behind
consulting
companies":http://blog.asmartbear.com/consulting-company-accounting.html And
watch this "F*ck You. Pay Me":http://vimeo.com/22053820 That is a good start.
-CameronOn Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Frank Moorman
<stretch...@franksdomain.net> wrote:All,

I am meeting with a CPA tomorrow. I plan on starting a company in order to take
on the payments for the free lance work I am currently performing. When I was
talking with the CPA today, I realized that not only do I not know what type of
business I need, but I do not even know what questions to ask... The reasons I
am most interested in doing this is so that I can try to minimize taxes, but is
that all I need to look for?  The CPA is suggesting a S-Corp for me, and I know
I need to talk in more detail with him, but I still do not understand my
choices.

While I will probably take the CPA's advice, I was hoping that maybe some of the
people on this list that have gone through this experience can share some
insight. Any advice on questions I need to ask the CPA, or any topics I should
discuss with him would be appreciated. I would love to hear from someone who had
a moment of "WOW!, I wish I thought of that when I first started..."

I know that this has been discussed at ACFUG meetings in the past (even ones
that I attended and now wish I remembered more...) So if someone has a URL to
share, that would also be appreciated...

Once again, thanks for any advice...

Frank

Cameron Childress
--
p:   678.637.5072im: cameroncffacebook | twitter | google+

List hosted by FusionLink