I can't find any good documentation from Adobe yet on how to dynamically load and then use jar files. I previously used JavaLoader, and after fixing the class load issues I had in code, it worked flawlessly for the past few years. I was using it to load newer versions of POI for excel manipulation, etc. I see now that Adobe has built this into CF, and they have some docs that point to using it like this:

|<||cfset| |THIS.javaSettings = {LoadPaths = [".\javalib\"], loadColdFusionClassPath = true, reloadOnChange = true,watchInterval=30}>

|What they don't cover is how to create objects from these jar files and use them in code. I found an example here:

http://www.isummation.com/blog/day-8-coldfusion-10-and-enhanced-java-integration/

I'm recursively loading POI 3.8 and all it's included jar files using the example above. That doesn't throw any errors or give me any indication that they aren't loaded. I'm doing this in onApplicationStart(). My next challenge is to figure out how to actually reference this new POI version. I assume I would load POI something like this from the URL I included above:

|<||cfobject| |type=||"java"| |class=||"poi"| |name=||"myObj"||>

My question is - how do I reference "my" version of POI, rather than the build in Adobe one which is a bit older than I need?