Troy, since you refer to passwordreset.bat, we know you're on Windows. So
did you run that by double-clicking on it as shown within Windows Explorer?
If so, there are two problems with that.

First, that would mean you didn't use "run as administrator", which may be
very important, and an error may have reflected that.

Second, though, by running it from within Windows Explorer like that, you
won't have seen if indeed there was an error or other response after the
command completed, because the temporary command prompt window that is
opened is closed after the bat file runs. It's always a good idea to avoid
running bat files from Windows Explorer if there's any chance they may have
output you need to see that's displayed after the bat file runs.

So try opening a command prompt yourself-and don't forget to do it by
right-clicking and choosing "run as admin" (or if you see an option in your
Start menu for "CMD as Admin", choose that.) If you get an error reporting
"java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\lib\password.properties (Access is
denied)", that confirms that you needed to run it "as admin". (All this is
something I've been meaning to blog on, as they're easy mistakes to make.)

Let us know how it goes, and if indeed there still seems something else
amiss. That would be more fodder for the blog entry. :-)

/charlie